City Detox | 7 Day Workshop July
Time & Location
About The Event
Join Radical Honesty Trainer and recovering city-life addict Michael Alan Kolb and Breathworker Rosalie Somogyi for a week free from the excessive stimulation of modern life and full of the revitalization that stems from reconnection with nature, others and yourself.
Surrender your screens for an entire week
Learn Autogenic Relaxation
Detoxify thru the power of breath
Develop awareness of yourself and your surroundings
Swim in waterfalls, watch the sun set at the beach and much more...
* * * * *
We love city life.
However, the ongoing exposure to traffic, noise, internet, parties, computers, cell phones, lights, people, and concrete walls can get a bit tiresome and exhausting. Although we seem to be connected 24/7, we end up feeling lonely and a bit drained.
Constantly bombarded with flashy ads, bad news, consumerism, pop music & movies, social media and self improvement, we lose touch of what matters to us as human beings. We become desensitized and spend too much time obsessively thinking and too little time feeling.
In the end, we drown out our own intuition and gut feeling by keeping busy, all the time.
We believe that the answer is not self-help, but a radical detox from the city.
* * * * * Who is this workshop for? * * * * *
We've designed it specifically for people
- seeking to live simpler, cleaner lives
- thinking in loops all the time without making progress
- feeling stuck living in stories of the past
- thriving to make a career in the arts or any creative calling
- feeling disconnected and lonely despite constant connection
- wanting to enhance their awareness of the present moment
- needing a break from life as it is
- desiring deeper, more nourishing relationships with other people
* * * * * Who is it not for? * * * * *
We don’t recommend it for people
- wanting an external authority or guru to change their lives
- strictly attached to their own beliefs about how the world should be
- who can’t be without screens, devices and creature comforts for a week
When in doubt, just reach out to us and have a chat.
* * * * * This is a workshop in simplicity. * * * * *
We want you to leave with less than you came with. We want you to regain trust in your own intuition and the power to say no to things that are not benefiting you in leading the life of your choice. We want you to give up all false conceptions about yourself and get out of your head and back in touch with your surrounding and fellow participants.
To that end, we are all going to give away our phones, computers, and other electronic devices. We will leave behind alcohol and all other stimulants for the time of the workshop, including coffee.
note: I love coffee and drink alcohol, we’re not purist of any kind. This text is written on a computer, too. But we also know the importance of leaving those things behind for a while to reconnect to our bodies, nature, and other people.
* * * * * What you will get out of this workshop: * * * * *
- a renewed sense of clarity on what you want to do in your life
- the recalibration of your senses (including a healthier sleeping routine)
- a break from the hyperactive nature of city life
- increased awareness of your own experience
- skills for direct communication
- learn to ask for what you want and say no to what you don’t
- the ability to get yourself out of obsessive thinking
This workshop is designed to help you unplug from the Matrix, reconnect to your inherent strength and creativity, and meet new people in the process. You will learn (or remember) how to ground yourself in the present moment and sharpen your skills in simply noticing what’s there in front of you – no new-age stuff, far-out spirituality or guruism involved.
* * * * * About the Eco Lodge * * * * *
The workshop is held at Cascada Elysiana, an immersive Eco Lodge and Retreat Center in the middle of the Costa Rican jungle with a private 58-meter waterfall, hiking trails, and a yoga deck. Located 25-minutes outside of the surfer hotspot Dominical, the Retreat Center is a reforestation project, 30 years in-the-making, now home to toucans, monkeys, and even sloths.
* * * * * ACCOMMODATIONS * * * * *
(Subtract $200 if you book before Feb 13)
There are three options at the retreat center at three different prices.
- Private Glamping Tents on platforms are for 2 people and cost $1775.
- The bunk house is $1575 and the
- Tent space is $1375 (bring your own tent or rent one for $50).
* * * * * Investment * * * *
The Early Bird price (before Feb 13th) for the entire week starts at $1,175 USD.
The price includes accommodation, three simple, healthy meals per day, and all teaching and group activities. It also includes all extracurricular activities, such as trips to local farms and waterholes.
You are welcome to come early or stay a bit longer at the property.
Please let us know in advance, so we can prepare.
* * * * * About your Trainers * * * * *
Mak is certified Radical Honesty Trainer and has studied personally for years with former gestalt therapist Dr. Brad Blanton and founder of R/evolutionary R/elating, Taber Shadburne.
Rosalie is a Breathworker who has studied under Daniel Alan and has given workshops in Central America and Europe.
* * * * * Michael Alan Kolb * * * * *
At 25 years old, Michael had an early mid-life crisis, moved out of his apartment, quit his job, sold all of his stuff and moved into a van in order to live a more focused, simple lifestyle and to pursue his musical passion. After 2 years of van living, he and his touring band upgraded to an old school bus, where he has been living in downtown LA since 2009 with no running water and no internet or TV.
For the past year, he has spent his time in Costa Rica living in a tent at Cascada Elysiana, turning the 30 year reforestation project into a holistic retreat center.
* * * * * Rosalie Somogyi * * * * *
Being the most ancient medicine there is, the breath is connecting us with all beings on earth. With certain breathing techniques the body gets flooded with oxygen. In this process the blood gets alkalized and the body purified. Not only on a physical but also on a subconscious level you will experience the power of breath. Getting into a non ordinary state of mind, Rosalie will guide you through your very personal and holistic process of healing growth.
- *EARLY BIRD* Private Glamping$1,575$1,5750$0
- Private Glamping Tent$1,775$1,7750$0